Psychologist Kristin McGuckin and Speech Pathologist, Michelle Boyall, will be running a six-week school readiness group to help your child learn and practise the skills required for success in Prep.
The group program will include:
- Classroom routines; sitting in a group, putting hands up, going to the toilet in pairs, participating in group discussions
- Listening and following instructions
- Confidence and peer relations
- Social skills; turn taking, how to make a new friend
- Pre – literacy skills; awareness of letters and sounds (including in their name)
- Story comprehension and critical thinking skills for reading
- School uniform day
When: Monday mornings 11am for 6 weeks, Commencing Monday 17th October 2016
How long: Each session runs for 60 minutes
Cost: $60 per session
Where: click therapy, G 160B Drummond Street Oakleigh VIC 3166
At the end of the program, you will receive a summary report highlighting your child’s strengths, as well as practical ideas and strategies to continue their preparation for Prep.
Call our team on (03) 9568 6214 to find out more information, or secure your child a place in the group.